Prof. Heli Jantunen
Full Professor in Technical Physics in the Microelectronics Research Unit, University of Oulu, Head of the EMPART research group (Electronic Materials, Packaging and Reliability Techniques) of Infotech Oulu, University of Oulu.
Previous working experience
- 2010 - 2015: Member of the Research Council for Natural Sciences and Engineering, Academy of Finland,
- 2011 - 2015: Head of the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Oulu,
- 2004 - 2006: Acting Professor in Technical Physics in the Microelectronics and Materials Physics Laboratories, University of Oulu,
- 2004 - 2004: Chief Assistant in the Microelectronics and Materials Physics Laboratories, University of Oulu,
- 2002 - 2003: Postdoc position in the Graduate School in Electronics, Telecommunications and Automations (GETA),
- 1999 - 2002: Researcher and Project Manager in several TEKES projects (Inkemo, 3D) in the University of Oulu, Microelectronics and Materials Physics Laboratories,
- 1993 - 1998: Managing Director and founder in Verdera Oy, sold in 1997 to ADC Solitra Oy mainly owned by a public company ADC telecommunications Inc., USA),
- 1988 - 1993: Research Engineer and Project Manager in LK-Products Oy in charge of a group working on research, design, prototyping and building of the first production line and starting the production of ceramic RF filters,
- 1980 - 1987: Various teaching posts in the University of Oulu, Faculty of Natural Sciences, mainly in the Department of Astronomy, as a supervisor of exercises and a lecturer.
Awards, prices and honours
- 2019-2022: Yushan Scholar by the Ministry of Education (MOE), ROC Taiwan,
- 1.1.2017-31.12.2019: Honorary International Chair Professor of National Taipei University of Technology,
- 2014- :Member of the Academy of Technical Sciences 2014-, amount of members under 65 years old members is limited to 250,
- 9.3.2014: Honorary Doctor of the University of Linköping, Sweden,
- 20.1.-12.2.2014: Course of National Defense, Finland,
- White Rose of Finland Knight, First Class granted 6.12.2013 by the President of the Republic,
- 2013 - :Academian of the World Academy of Ceramics 2013 –, amount of members limited globally to 200 members,
- 2002 - 2003: Postdoc position of the Graduate School in Electronics, Telecommunications and Automations (GETA) for one year,
- 2001: Award of honours by the University of Oulu for the Dr. Tech. thesis,
- Personal grants for Tauno Tönning Foundation, Nokia Foundation, etc.