Dr. Špela Kunej
My current research interests lie in areas of synthesis/processing, crystallization, epitaxial growth, microstructure and functional properties of thin film materials obtained from solution-based methods, with a focus on novel composite material, dielectric, tunable and ferroelectric thin films. Past research were in areas of the solid-state reaction, phase relationships, solid solutions, new phase identification, microstructure and electrical characterization of ceramic materials in systems Bi2O3-TiO2, Bi2O3-ZnO, Bi2O3-TiO2-Nd2O3, Bi2O3-TiO2-Y2O3, and La2O3-TiO2-Mn2O3.
• Metallographic preparation of ceramic samples and thin films for optical, scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy,
• Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) with energy-dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) and wavelength-dispersive spectroscopy (WDS),
• X-ray powder diffraction (XRD),
• Phase and structural characterization of compounds using crystal structure identification programs: EVA and Topaz R,
• Atomic force microscopy (AFM): operation,
• Thermal analysis (TG/DTA/DSC/EGA),
• Heating microscope,
• Electrical characterization of ceramic bulk samples and thin films.