Laboratory for Biomaterials
Within Centre of Excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology funded by EU a novel laboratory for biomaterials was established. It is equipped with facilities for synthesis and processing of biomaterials as well as testing in vitro stability and interactions with bacterial and human cells.
Shaking water bath (Memmert)
- For in vitro stability testing.
- Simulation of physiological conditions.
- Temperature regulation: 5 °C over the room temperature up to 95 °C (±0.1 °C)
- Shaking regulation: 10 – 80 rpm
Automated colony counter (Acolyte 3, Synbiosis)
- Automated counting and statistical analysis of bacteria colonies.
- Determination of MIC and MBC concentration of antibacterial materials.
Microplate reader (H1 Hybrid Multi-mode Microplate Reader, Synergy)
- Quantitative analysis of human cells.
- Microdilution test.
Inverted microscope (Eclipse Ti-U, Nikon)
For phase contrast and fluorescent detection of cells, observation of the bacteria growth inhibition cone, morphological changes of cells, adhesion of cells on the surface of (bio)materials.